Avocado refers to a trendy, tropical fruit.
Avocado is an internet slang expression that conveys that a person is basic, lives a healthful lifestyle, or is the better half in a relationship.
How Is Avocado Used? Use Cases & Examples
When used in text, Avocado can simply mean “eat avocado”. On social media platforms, Avocado is used to describe someone who is better in a relationship. The Avocado is rich in nutrients and also symbolizes a person who cares about healthy eating.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Avocado:
- What do you think Madison eats for breakfast?
Avocado Toast and Frappuccino!
- Oh yes, I am the Avocado in this relationship!
- Did you see the selfie of me and my black lab licking the iced latte?
You are such an Avocado!
- I’m going vegetarian on Monday.
Better stock up on avocados.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Avocado Slang Word
Understanding what today’s children are saying can be confusing. Even though you know the slang term Avocado is harmless, you can’t let your guard down when it comes to other teenage slang. Keep track of teen slang words to protect them from potential dangers such as predators, scammers and other negative influences. Here are two ways to detect the slang term Avocado:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Avocado Slang Word
By checking up on your children’s phones, you can find out if they are using inappropriate or risk slang words like Avocado. Things you should check include SMS, search history and chat messages on WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype, Line, etc.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Avocado Slang Word
Using a parental control app, you can monitor your children’s online activities, such as text messages, search history, and chat messages. Setting alerts for slang words like Avocado empowers you to prevent kids from engaging in risky behaviors. Once they enter the slang word Avocado, you will get instant alerts.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Avocado Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Avocado slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Avocado. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Avocado slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Avocado slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Avocado Slang Word
The slang term Avocado is a word that makes teens have a lot of fun. It’s so easy to ridicule all the people with that word. Talking about stereotypes and their effects is a great way to help teens develop insight. This slang term opens the door for you and your children to discuss social norms. Here are some ideas for conversations with your teens about the types of people they encounter in their daily lives:
- Would you consider yourself and your friends to be avocados?
- Do you think a person can be basic in some ways but original in others?
- What are some slang terms used to describe someone who is the opposite of Avocado?
- Do you think it’s human nature to label people based on their preferences or lifestyle?