Crunk means excited and/or intoxicated.
Crunk can refer to a style of hip-hop dance music or describe the state of being hyped up or intoxicated.
How Is Crunk Used? Use Cases & Examples
Crunk has multiple meanings. It was popularized by hip-hop artist Lil Jon. It can describe a person being energetic and excited; it can also convey that someone is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Crunk:
- Let’s go get Crunk tonight.
- Lara got Crunk on Saturday night.
- I’m so Crunk right now i can hardly see…
- I drank so many beers, I’m so Crunk.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Crunk Slang Word
Acronyms are tactics young people use so that parents don’t know what’s really going on. Lots of teenage slang hide inappropriate activities. But don’t be discouraged, now you know that the slang term Crunk is harmlful, and we’ve given you two ways to identify the Crunk slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Crunk Slang Word
It is easy to find out if your teens are using the Crunk slang word by checking their phones directly. You can do this by checking SMS, search history, chat messages, and search history on WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype, Line, etc.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Crunk Slang Word
With a parental control app on your children’s phones, you can detect risky teen slang expressions, such as Crunk. It allows you to keep track of your children’s activities including SMS, search history, social chats, and more. You can also add alerts for harmful teen slang terms and get instant alerts. Using an effective parental control app, you can provide full protection for your kids.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Crunk Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Crunk slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Crunk. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Crunk slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Crunk slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Crunk Slang Word
While it’s not dangerous under all circumstances, the slang expression Crunk is a term parents should be aware of, as it sometimes refers to alcohol/drug use. Because it can also refer to uplifting and excitement, you should understand the context before talking to your children. The word Crunk gives you an opportunity to discuss the risks of drug and alcohol abuse and to check your family rules.
Here are some tips for talking about alcohol and drugs with your teens:
- Let your teens know that your goal is to help them stay safe.
- Make clear rules with specific consequences if the rules are broken.
- Identify the potential consequences of alcohol and drug abuse from a legal and health perspective.
- Respect your teens and give them the opportunity to speak while you respectfully listen.