Curve refers to rebuffing or ignoring a would-be suitor. Curve is an internet slang term that describes the practice of not being straightforward in rejecting advances.
How Is Curve Used? Use Cases & Examples
To curve someone is to “reject” them, that is, to stray from their romantic interests and move forward in an indirect, non-confrontational way. It’s usually motivated by not wanting to hurt someone’s feelings by rejecting them outright.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Curve:
- Billy keeps curving Kristen and she doesn’t even realize it.
Yeah, it’s pretty pathetic.
- I think he’s curving me. It takes two days or more for him to get back to me.
- I curved so many people for you just to get played.
- I get curved so much, bro.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Curve Slang Word
Teens use slang terms and emojis to chat secretly so parents or other adults don’t notice their activities. You need to pay attention to the teen slang words to understand their world because not all slang words are as innocuous as curve. Here are two ways to detect the Curve slang term:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Curve Slang Word
If you’re wondering what slang terms your kids use online, you can check their cell phones directly. You can view their text messages, search history, and chat messages for the slang word Curve.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Curve Slang Word
Choose an industry-leading parental control app and install it on your kids’ phones. It will help you detect risky teen slang expressions like Curve in text messages, search history, chat messages. It also allows you to get instant alerts when the slang word Curve is being typed by your kids. Consequently, you can safeguard your kids immediately.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Curve Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Curve slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Curve. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Curve slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Curve slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Curve Slang Word
It is a great opportunity to help your teens avoid passive-aggressiveness and being perceived as bad guys by discussing the teen slang expression curve. Here are some conversation starters to talk about curving with your teens:
- Have you ever curved anyone?
- Has anyone ever curved you?
- If you’re not interested in someone, what better option than curving?
- Do you think curving is crueler than outright rejection?