Dope used as an adjective is an extremely positive slang description but used as a noun is a reference to drugs.
How Is Dope Used? Use Cases & Examples
The slang word Dope is used to describe any good things in life, good news, sick skateboarding skills, beautiful sports cars, etc. Sometimes, Dope also represents drugs.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Dope:
- Yo I just got a sick new water gun from my mom.
That’s Dope bro let’s try it out on your sister hehe.
- Yo, that new shirt is Dope!
- Look! Some guy is selling Dope!
- That’s freaking Dope man!
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Dope Slang Word
Usually, the slang term Dope is harmless, but sometimes it can get kids into trouble. Therefore, you must monitor your children’s teenage slang to avoid trouble like drug use. Here are two ways to indentify the Dope slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Dope Slang Word
To figure out if kids have used the Dope slang word, you can check their mobile phones directly. Remember the activities to focus on: SMS, search history, and chat messages on WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype, Line and more.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Dope Slang Word
So, if you want to keep your children safe online, parental control apps are something that would come to your rescue. You can install a parental control app on your kids’ devices and detect teen slang expressions such as Dope. This app will help you monitor text messages, search history, and chat conversations for teen slang Dope. Therefor, your kids are not get exposed to online dangers.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Dope Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Dope slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Dope. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Dope slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Dope slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Dope Slang Word
If you see the slang term Dope in your teens’ messages, you should definitely investigate further. This word is often used harmlessly as positive slang. However, it sometimes refers to drugs. Here are some suggestions for talking with your teens about the slang word Dope:
- Besides Dope, what other words do you know that are slang terms for drugs?
- Why do you think some teens are willing to ingest a substance that will poison their bodies?
- Does your coach discuss the consequences of taking medication to improve performance each time, formally or informally?
- Which slang term do you and your friends use when something is really good, Dope or fire?