Finna means fixing to.
Finna is an internet slang term that indicates a person is getting ready to do something in the near future.
How Is Finna Used? Use Cases & Examples
Finna, sometimes pronounced or spelled finta or fitna, is short for fix to, just as short for going to. Finna originated in the rural South dialect and has a long history in South American English.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Finna:
- I’m finna act a fool.
- I finna get my nails done.
- I finna go to the bathroom.
- Get yo butt up there and clean that room boy!
I’m finna do it.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Finna Slang Word
The slang term Finna is a harmless word kids use in online chats. However, other teenage slang can pose potential risks to kids. You need to monitor the slang words your children use online to help them stay away from bad habits and malicious people. Here are two ways to identify Finna:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Finna Slang Word
If you’re wondering if your children have used the Finna slang word, you can check their phones for a quick answer. Things you need to check include: SMS, search history and chat messages on WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype, Line and more.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Finna Slang Word
A parental control app can be your good friend if you are worried that your children are using inappropriate slang words on their smartphones. Not only does this app keep track of the slang words kids type, but it also lets you set alert words for the slang term Finna. With this app, you will be able to keep your kids from all kinds of dangers.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Finna Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Finna slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Finna. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Finna slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Finna slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Finna Slang Word
Procrastination is a common problem among teens and adults. Due to academics, part-time jobs, extracurricular activities and social activities, teens can easily be overwhelmed by their various tasks. If your kids use the slang term Finna in digital conversations, it’s a great option to talk to them about procrastination and how to overcome it. Here are some tips for discussing time management with your children:
- What is your biggest obstacle to starting a project?
- Let’s brainstorm steps we can take the night before to get out the door effortlessly the next morning.
- One strategy for getting something done is to break it down into the smallest possible tasks, and then focus on just one part at a time. Do you think this will help you?
- Will adding reminders to your phone calendar help you avoid procrastination?