FWB stands for Friends With Benefits.
FWB is an internet slang initialism used to imply that a relationship is sexual in nature but not romantic or committed.
How Is FWB Used? Use Cases & Examples
FWB can be used to describe a person or a relationship. You can say “He’s my fwb,” “She and I fwb a while ago,” or “I heard they had fwb just now.” The plural form of FWB can be friend with benefits, or fwbs. While the abbreviation FWB is common in digital communications, it is beneficial to use friends in casual speech.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term FWB:
- I don’t have a boyfriend, but i do get to make out with my FWB.
- Sarah and Jake are FWB.
- My roommate’s not with her anymore. They’re FWB now.
- We aren’t dating we are just FWB.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the FWB Slang Word
The slang term FWB indicates that your teens are engaging in risky sexual activity. To detect red flags like FWB, you need to pay attention to teenage slang. Here are two ways to identify the FWB slang word to protect them from potential danger:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the FWB Slang Word
There’s a simple solution for detecting the FWB slang word: check your kids’ phones directly. For example, you can check their SMS messages, search history, and chat conversations for the slang FWB.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the FWB Slang Word
It’s best if you use a parental control app as a tool to maintain your kids’ online security. The app has the ability to monitor text messages, chat messages, and search history for certain slang words like FWB. It will also let you know if your children are typing FWB on their phones by sending you alerts. This way, you will be able to protect your loved ones.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the FWB Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the FWB slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as FWB. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the FWB slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the FWB slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the FWB Slang Word
The slang FWB is a hyper-alert term that you should look into if it’s showing up in your teens‘ digital communications. The acronym explicitly refers to sexual activity and relationship status, which is generally bad for adults, let alone immature teens. Here are some tips to help you navigate this tricky topic with your teens:
- Discuss unwanted pregnancies and STDs with your teens.
- Monitor your teens and stay alert for any suspicious communications.
- Let kids know that breaking the rules has consequences. Be sure to praise appropriate behavior.
- Encourage your kids to ask questions. Answer honestly, without being arrogant or dismissive.
- If you’re a single parent who’s dating, be a role model for your teens.