GNOC stands for “Get Naked On Camera.”
GNOC is an internet slang initialism that is an invitation to remove one’s clothing in front of an online camera.
How Is GNOC Used? Use Cases & Examples
The acronym GNOC is commonly used on adult dating sites as well as general online chat and instant messaging. It shows that your kids may be involved in sexual conversations, may be being groomed for a meeting, or may be hiding inappropriate activities from you.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term GNOC:
- Hey i wanna see all of u can you GNOC??
- Jon: Hey baby, what are you doing?
Girl: Playing with my Barbie dolls.
Jon: You should GNOC.
- pedo: asl ?
young girl: 14-f-uk
young girl : huh ?
- If someone tells you to GNOC, it is time to end the chat session.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the GNOC Slang Word
You need to know that the slang term GNOC is a huge red flag. It shows that children have become prey to predators. To prevent your kids from falling victim to predators, you need to monitor teenage slang. Here are two ways to detect the GNOC slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the GNOC Slang Word
To find out if your kids are using dangerous slang like GNOC, it’s your duty to check their cell phone activities. You need to view their text messages, search history, and chat history for the term GNOC.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the GNOC Slang Word
To keep your kids away from risky teenage slang like GNOC, you can install a parental control app on their phones. It lets you detect the slang word GNOC in children’s online communication. It also allows you to set alert words for the slang GNOC for timely notifications. This way, you can sit back and relax.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the GNOC Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the GNOC slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as GNOC. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the GNOC slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the GNOC slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the GNOC Slang Word
The slang term GNOC is a high-alert, dangerous initialism. If you see it in your kids’ digital conversations, it’s time to intervene. Sex predators lurking online are counting on details like abbreviations to avoid detection. Even though your children may be angry with you and deny the predator’s true motives, you must intervene for your children’s safety. Here are some conversation starters to talk to your teens about identifying an online sexual predator:
- A predator’s first tactic is to please the target with flattery, so be wary if some of your friends online start complimenting you and telling you that you look sexy or older than your age.
- Many predators will try to sow discord between the victim and their family, so keep in mind that it’s a red flag if online friends are trying to alienate you from your family.
- As predators get better at grooming, they’ll try to steal personal information for you, such as age, gender, and location.
- Predators hide and lie. A picture of a cute young man could actually be a 60-year-old pervert who wants to kidnap and sex trade you.