GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time.
GOAT is an internet slang initialism used to compliment athletes, musicians, or other celebrities.
How Is GOAT Used? Use Cases & Examples
The acronym GOAT celebrates outstanding athletes, but also musicians and other public figures. Teenagers use the slang term GOAT to praise celebrities they think are the best in their profession. On social media, puns between the goat 🐐 emoji and acronyms are common.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term GOAT:
- The Olympic champion had GOAT tattooed on his right biceps.
- Is Federer GOAT or not?
- When you are the GOAT then you can say what you want and not have to worry about it.
- He has 20 grand slams but he is still not the GOAT because Steffi Graf has 22.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the GOAT Slang Word
While most slang terms are harmless, like GOAT, there are a few slang words relating to sex and drugs and other dangerous activities that we should be aware of. Here are two ways to detect the slang word GOAT:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the GOAT Slang Word
The internet has its dark places, and that’s the main reason why you have to check your kids’ phones. To find out if they are using the GOAT slang word, you need to check their SMS, search history and chat messages on WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook, Kik.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the GOAT Slang Word
Install a stand-out parental control app on your kids’ phones to spot teen slang terms like GOAT. It lets you keep track of your kids’ text messages, chat messages, and search history for risky slang words. You can also set GOAT as a warning word to get notifications. This way, you will be able to effectively talk to your kids to prevent potential threats.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the GOAT Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the GOAT slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as GOAT. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the GOAT slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the GOAT slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the GOAT Slang Word
As a parent of teens, all you do seems to be nagging, fussing, and worrying, so it’s nice to have the opportunity to talk to them. Here are some opening lines for an upbeat conversation with your children about the teen slang GOAT:
- Which athlete do you think is the GOAT?
- Which musician do you think is the GOAT?
- Did you know that the original GOAT was Muhammad Ali?
- Can you think of someone you know who might end up being the GOAT of their field?