Hangry is a portmanteau of the words hungry and angry.
Hangry is an internet slang term that conveys that a person feels angry due to being hungry.
How Is Hangry Used? Use Cases & Examples
Hangry is a term that describes people becoming irritable when they are hungry. It combines “hunger” and “anger”. If your kids wanted to describe someone who was grumpy because they were hungry, the slang expression Hangry might be the word they would use.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Hangry:
- Man, I’ve been waiting for half an hour for that burger. I’m so Hangry! The service at this restaurant is trash!
- Allen: I hate you and I want to punch you.
Randy: Why are you so angry with me?
Allen: I’m sorry, I haven’t eaten since breakfast so I’m just Hangry, bro.
- Karen: What is up with you? You are being so annoying.
Nini: Ugh. I didn’t eat breakfast and I am starving. I am really angry.
- Where is the waiter? I’m starting to get Hangry!
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Hangry Slang Word
The slang term Hangry is not harmful to teens, but there are still many slang terms that are extremely risky. So you need to pay attention to the slang words your children use to avoid getting them into unnecessary trouble. Here are two ways to detect the Hangry slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Hangry Slang Word
If you want to know what slang terms your kids are using online, you need to check their cell phone activities. You can view their SMS, search history and chat history for the slang term Hangry.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Hangry Slang Word
Installing a parental control app on your kids’ phones will help you solve the problem of monitoring teenage slang. Once installed, it will allow you to monitor your kids’ online activities for the slang word Hangry. Furthermore, it notifies you when the Hangry slang term is detected. Thus, you can protect your kids from danger as soon as possible.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Hangry Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Hangry slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Hangry. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Hangry slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Hangry slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Hangry Slang Word
Composed of the words hunger and anger, this slang term perfectly expresses the irritability that hunger brings. People experience this change to varying degrees, depending on how their blood sugar levels affect them. Using the slang term “Hangry” gives you the opportunity to talk to your teens about the importance of nutrition. Here are some tips for talking about nutrition with your kids:
- Have you noticed a reaction to eating certain foods?
- What healthy snack do you want me to keep at home so you don’t want junk food?
- What’s your favorite energy snack to eat before a workout?
- What’s your favorite post-workout recovery snack?