KPC stands for Keep Parents Clueless.
KPC is an internet slang initialism that is an admonishment to keep information secret from parents.
How Is KPC Used? Use Cases & Examples
The acronym KPC is often used for text or chat conversations between children or teens who are conducting or planning an activity that they wish to keep secret from adults. (eg, planning parties, playing online games instead of homework, engaging in dating-style chat, etc) KPC may also be used by older adults to “groom” teens online.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term KPC:
- My Dad will think it’s so cool that we’re going to steal a car.
Don’t tell him! Remember the rules. KPC!
- I’ll let myself out of the house once they’re all asleep.
Great. Don’t forget, KPC. They’ll only spoil my surprise.
- What about your dad? U think he knows?
No way dude, KPC!
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the KPC Slang Word
If your teen uses the slang term KPC, it may indicate that they have plans for potentially dangerous activities. Therefore, you need to be aware of teenage slang to protect them from potential dangers such as predators, alcohol, and drugs. Here are two ways to identify the KPC slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the KPC Slang Word
To find out if kids have used dangerous slang words like KPC, you can check directly on their phones. Activities to check to include text messages, search history and chat messages on WhatsApp, Snapchat, Skype, Line, and more.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the KPC Slang Word
A parental control app is a great option for parents who want to be on top of what their kids are doing online. The app allows you to monitor text messages, social media messages, and search history for slang words like KPC. And you can receive alerts when inappropriate content appears in your kids’ texts. Therefore, you will have complete control of the online usage of your kids.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the KPC Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the KPC slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as KPC. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the KPC slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the KPC slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the KPC Slang Word
Seeing the slang expression KPC in your teens’ digital communications indicates a potentially dangerous situation. High-risk behaviors can have devastating consequences, and parents must protect teens from harm. Here are some topics to talk about KPC with your kids:
- What is your reaction to the plan that includes the KPC description?
- How do you differentiate between a not-so-smart activity and a potentially life-threatening activity?
- KPC means that activities are planned, not something done impulsively. What phrases can you use to get away from sketchy activities you’re planning?
- What do you think would result if you followed a plan that had to be hidden from everyone’s parents?