LMK stands for Let Me Know.
LMK is an internet slang initialism that is a request for information.
How Is LMK Used? Use Cases & Examples
LMK is an acronym used to tell someone that they should inform you of something in the future. This acronym usually implies that another conversation will take place in the future, most likely when the other person replies. It’s mostly used for texts and emails, not real-life conversations.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term LMK:
- I’ll go if you go, but lmk what time so I can prepare.
- I think I’m coming down with something.
Lmk, I can change the reservation.
- Lmk when you get the newest report.
- LMK if your fever goes down.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the LMK Slang Word
Fortunately, LMK is completely harmless teenage slang. But other acronyms were created to allow teens to secretly communicate with each other without parental involvement. You need to learn acronyms and monitor your kids’ usage. Here are two ways to detect the LMK slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the LMK Slang Word
In order to determine if your teens use the slang word LMK, you can check their phones directly. Things you should look for include text messages, search history, and chat messages on WhatsApp, Snapchat, Skype, Line, and more.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the LMK Slang Word
Pick an award-winning parental control app and start managing the internet use of your children. It acts as a useful tool and enables your children to surf the internet in a secure way. It enables you to set up alerts for bad teen slang. The app also helps monitor text messages, social chats, and search history for teen slang expressions such as LMK. So, you can protect your children from harm by making the internet secure for them.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the LMK Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the LMK slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as LMK. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the LMK slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the LMK slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the LMK Slang Word
LMK is the digital acronym for the phrase “let me know” we all say. This abbreviation applies to all digital communications unless the situation is more formal, in which case “let me know” should be entered. Here are some discussion ideas for discussing Internet slang expressions with your children:
- Does your teacher allow you to use abbreviations when answering questions in class?
- I guess sometimes it’s quite casual, you can use abbreviations to communicate with other people. What signs can you look for to determine if this is proper?
- Has anyone misunderstood the acronym you use?
- Have you ever misunderstood an acronym someone used?