Molly refers to the pure, crystalline powder form of MDMA.
Molly is an internet slang term that refers to a popular, though sometimes fatal, party drug.
How Is Molly Used? Use Cases & Examples
Molly is a slang term for Ecstasy, MDMA, and other illegal synthetic drugs. As a stimulant, it produces euphoria, feelings of love, warmth, and intimacy. It can also cause heart attacks, seizures, brain hemorrhages, kidney failure, and death. This drug is often adulterated by dealers and has led to the deaths of many young people.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Molly:
- Molly coming to the party?
- Can you score some Molly?
Yeah, I’ll call my cousin.
- What’s your DOC?
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Molly Slang Word
The appearance of the slang term Molly is a reminder to every parent that your children are engaging in drug-related activities. So you have to pay attention to every slang word your kids use to make sure they aren’t using drugs or other harmful substances. We have two ways to detect the Molly slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Molly Slang Word
Digital parenting can be a challenging task, but you can always check directly on your kids’ phones to see if they’re using the Molly slang word. Suggested activities to check are: SMS, search history and chat messages on WhatsApp, Skype, Snapchat, Line, etc.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Molly Slang Word
Try to install a famous parental control app and monitor and control the internet use of your children. The app enables you to track internet activities on the monitored cell phones to detect risky slang terms like Molly. It will notify you if your kids trigger the slang word Molly. This way, you can protect your kids from drug.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Molly Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Molly slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Molly. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Molly slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Molly slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Molly Slang Word
Seeing the slang expression Molly in teens’ online conversations is a legitimate reason for parental warning and intervention. Death from Molly‘s overdose is common and you must step in to keep your children safe. When things happen, be prepared to react with possible anger, but stay strong – your teen’s life is in your hands. Here are some tips for talking to your teens about drug use:
- Parents should come up with a united front.
- If your teens accuse you of being hypocritical, be honest but clear that you don’t want them taking drugs.
- Keep any evidence of your children’s drug use and have an excuse ready: My friend asked me to keep it.
- When your children are angry, stay calm and remind them of your love and your responsibilities as a parent.
- If addiction is prevalent in your family, talk about genetics.