PCM stands for Please Call Me.
PCM is an internet slang initialism that requests communication.
How Is PCM Used? Use Cases & Examples
Usually, when people have something important or complicated they want to discuss over the phone, they send PCM. The person who sent you the PCM wants you to call them. If the PCM message contains a time, you should call at that time. Otherwise, you should call as soon as possible.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term PCM:
- PCM as soon as ur done with ur class. I need 2 talk 2 u!
- I love you so much, PCM, bye!
- Hey, gotta go now. PCM.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the PCM Slang Word
When it comes to slang codes and meanings, the phrases and emojis kids use are constantly evolving. Although PCM is harmless, you can’t guarantee that other teenage slang is safe. You need to keep an eye on the slang words your kids use to avoid getting them into trouble. Here are two ways to detect the PCM slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the PCM Slang Word
In order to find out if your teens are using the PCM slang word, you can check their phones directly. You can check SMS messages, search history, and discussion threads on WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype, and Line.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the PCM Slang Word
Install a well-designed parental control app on your teens’ phones to spot suspicious teen slang words. With this program, you have complete control over your kids’ online activities. This app also allows you to monitor text messages, search history, and social chats for the slang term PCM. You can also add PCM as an alert word to get instant notifications. Therefore, you can protect your kids and get peace of mind.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the PCM Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the PCM slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as PCM. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the PCM slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the PCM slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the PCM Slang Word
While we all enjoy the convenience of texting, emailing, and DMs, sometimes the old-fashioned phone call is the most effective way to communicate and an essential life skill for teens to learn. Many teens today are shy about having phone conversations with friends other than FaceTime. The slang PCM is a great starting point for discussing how to have a phone conversation with your children. Here are some suggestions for talking with your children about phone calls:
- Does your fear of making or receiving calls manifest in ways such as a trembling voice?
- Next time you have to call to check a job application, let’s role-play first so you’ll feel more comfortable.
- Would you be willing to enter a possible script with variations on how a phone call is made?
- You can make the phone call the next time we order pizza or need a dentist appointment, and I’m here to help if you need support.