SYS stands for See you soon.
SYS is an internet slang initialism that ends a conversation.
How Is SYS Used? Use Cases & Examples
SYS is used at the end of a conversation to indicate that the sender wishes to meet or connect with the recipient in the near future. However, SYS is also often used as a general term at the end of a conversation, whether the sender wishes to get in touch sooner or to meet again.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term SYS:
- Lily: I’m leaving now, so should be with you in 10 minutes.
Sophie: Great! SYS.
- Ben: My train leaves shortly, so I’ve got to go now.
Phil: Okay. SYS.
- Monica: What’s up?
Ross: Nothing. I am leaving now.
Monica: Great! SYS.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the SYS Slang Word
The slang term SYS is completely harmless, but there are so many risky teen slang words on the web. You have to keep an eye on the slang words your kids use to keep them from getting into trouble. Here are two ways to identify the slang word SYS:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the SYS Slang Word
Discuss with your kids the need to check their phones and regularly check their SMS, search history and chat messages. That way you’ll know if they’ve used the slang term SYS.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the SYS Slang Word
With a parental control app on your kids’ phones, you can detect risky teen slang expressions like SYS. It enables you to keep track of their texts, chats and search history for teen slang words. It also lets you set up warning words and receive alerts when your children enter specific slang terms. This will enable you to take immediate action to protect your children.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the SYS Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the SYS slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as SYS. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the SYS slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the SYS slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the SYS Slang Word
The slang expression SYS is a polite, casual way for your child to end a digital communication, which shows a pleasant, friendly relationship with the other members of the conversation. Having a positive, supportive peer group is critical to your children’s well-being. Even if it’s just one person, having a peer friend with whom they truly connect can help keep teens emotionally stable during turbulent times. Here are tips to support your children in making and keeping friends:
- Encourage your children to participate in a variety of activities, not just school activities.
- Friendships take time to develop, so remind your teens to be patient.
- Give your kids a chance to invite friends over and give them some space to socialize.
- Be a role model and emphasize for your children what you can reasonably expect from a friend, so your children will learn what a normal friendship looks like.