TDTM stands for Talk Dirty To Me.
TDTM is an internet slang initialism that requests sexually explicit conversation.
How Is TDTM Used? Use Cases & Examples
TDTM is a request made to a person to speak vulgarly for sexual gratification. It is most commonly found online or in text messages. TDTM is often used by adolescents and young adults, but may also be used by older adults. Sometimes the acronym refers to Poison’s song Talk Dirty to Me.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term TDTM:
- Hey baby, TDTM.
- Take off your clothes and TDTM.
- If you’re really old enough to be my bae, you’ll TDTM.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the TDTM Slang Word
TDTM is a risky slang term that indicates your teens are exchanging inappropriate digital communications. To protect your kids from online predators, you need to monitor the slang words used by them. Here are two useful ways to identify the TDTM slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the TDTM Slang Word
If you notice your kids using teen slang terms frequently, you need to keep your eye out on their phones. That means you should regularly check their cell phone activities to figure out if they’ve used dangerous slang words such as TDTM.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the TDTM Slang Word
Find a good parental control app and install it on your kids’ phones. It enables you to detect risky slang words such as TDTM in their text messages, social chats, and search history. It also includes an alert words feature, allowing you to set up alerts for harmful teen slang codes. This way, you can protect your kids from potential threats.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the TDTM Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the TDTM slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as TDTM. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the TDTM slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the TDTM slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the TDTM Slang Word
When TDTM appears in your children’s online communications, it is dangerous unless it is being used to as a joke. Inappropriate sexual relationships can lead to children being groomed by sexual predators, so parents should address the problem immediately. If you think a predator is trying to groom your children, you should contact your local police for guidance. Here are some tips for talking to your teens about online safety:
- Are you aware that teens may have mental health issues when they engage in adult behavior before they are fully developed?
- Do you see why talking dirty online doesn’t align with our family’s values?
- If your private conversations were hacked and shared, how would you feel?
- Have you witnessed the consequences of sharing your classmates’ personal information?