Thicc means curvaceous.
Thicc is an internet slang term that describes someone, usually a woman, with a voluptuous figure.
How Is Thicc Used? Use Cases & Examples
Typically, a woman who is Thicc will have an hourglass or pear-shaped figure with particularly large hips and thighs. Thicc is often considered a compliment to women with a voluptuous body, especially those with curvy hips.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Thicc:
- Leah: Do you think my thighs are too big?
Robin: No way! I love your thighs. They’re so Thicc!
- Dee: He called me Thicc! I’m so insulted. Do you think I’m stupid?
Julie: Ha ha! He likes your curves. Thicc is a good thing!
- Mary: Matt called me Thicc on my IG post!
Max: I told U he likes U!
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Thicc Slang Word
The slang term Thicc is harmless to kids, but you can’t be sure other slang terms are safe. As a responsible parent, your task is to monitor the slang words your children use to protect them. Here are two ways to detect the slang word Thicc:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Thicc Slang Word
Checking your kids’ phones will give you a hand to find out if they have used the Thicc slang word. All you need to do is to see their text messages, search history, and social chats on Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype, Line, etc.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Thicc Slang Word
A good parental control app will help you spot risky slang phrases on your kids’ phones. It allows you to keep track of the slang word Thicc in their texts, chats, and search history. It also lets you receive regular reports via email when inappropriate slang terms are triggered. Therefore, you can take steps to keep your kids safe.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Thicc Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Thicc slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Thicc. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Thicc slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Thicc slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Thicc Slang Word
The slang term Thicc is a compliment of the curvaceous figure that runs counter to the ideal of a skeletal supermodel. When children are in puberty, they can be self-critical; it is during this developmental stage that eating disorders can take hold. It’s important to remember that both boys and girls can feel insecure about their appearance. When talking about body image with your teens, keep these tips in mind:
- Be honest about any anxiety you have about your body.
- Approach body shape from a health standpoint rather than a beauty standpoint. For example, desire to be healthy rather than lean.
- Encourage body neutrality and not indulge your body in self-hate or self-love.
- Talk about social media and discuss how lighting, makeup, and software can change photo authenticity.