Throw Shade Meaning
Throw Shade means to criticize someone.
Throw Shade is an internet slang phrase that means to ridicule someone verbally or nonverbally.
How Is Throw Shade Used? Use Cases & Examples
To “Throw Shade” means to belittle, dismiss, show disgust, disapproval, disbelief, insult, degrade, or negatively condemn verbally or non-verbally (with bodily gestures). So, when you come across this phrase, it can mean any of the mentioned things; both online and offline.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Throw Shade:
- He always rolls his eyes at me when I try talking to him about it.
The dude never gets tired of throwing shade, huh.
- Look. I’m pretty sure you’re shaking your head rn. STOP throwing shade at me when I can’t see it!!
- If something annoys her enough to Throw Shade, she’ll put on her sunglasses; if she’s not bothered by it, she’ll leave them off.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Throw Shade Slang Word
Throw Shade is a harmless word, but it can be emotionally damaging to the recipient. To keep your kids from getting into unnecessary trouble, you need to pay attention to the slang words they use. Here are two ways to detect the slang term Throw Shade:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Throw Shade Slang Word
In order to find out if your teens are using Throw Shade slang, you can check their phones directly. All you need to do is to check their text messages, search history, and social chat messages on WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, Line, etc.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Throw Shade Slang Word
Install an excellent parental control app on your teens’ phones to detect risky teen slang expressions such as Throw Shade. It lets you monitor their text messages, search history, and social chat messages. It also allows you to set up alerts for certain slang words to get notifications. This way, you can protect your kids from online threats.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Throw Shade Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Throw Shade slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Throw Shade. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Throw Shade slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Throw Shade slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Throw Shade Slang Word
The slang expression Throw Shade is a term that all teens know and best know how to do. While some shade remarks are very clever and creative, they can also hurt the recipient. We focus on exercising kindness towards young children, but this is also expected of teens. Helping your teens practice conscious kindness will enrich their lives and those around them. Here are some tips to encourage kindness:
- Set an example of kindness in your own daily life.
- Initiate activities in service to others.
- Show your children that kindness doesn’t have to be complicated. A smile, a shoulder to cry on, a wave of thanks can have a profound impact on someone who is going through a difficult time.
- Remind your children to consider how a behavior or reaction will affect those around them.