Tool refers to a foolish person.
Tool is an internet slang term that refers to an insecure person, usually male, who is controlled by others.
How Is Tool Used? Use Cases & Examples
A tool is someone who lacks the capacity to realize they are being used by others. The person may have low intelligence and/or low self-esteem. This slang term is often used as an insult to men.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Tool:
- Wow, Dane Cook is not funny at all. What an asshole.
Damn, you’re right. What a tool.
- That tool doesn’t even know she’s just using him.
- God, Brett is such a tool.
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Tool Slang Word
While the slang term Tool is safe for your kids, few will actually give you the peace of mind that your children are safe. You need to pay attention to every slang word your kids use on their phones to prevent them from danger. Here are two ways to identify the slang word Tool:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Tool Slang Word
Ready to protect your kids while they’re online? Let’s talk to them and set rules for checking their phones. You can learn if they have used the Tool slang word by seeing their text messages, search history, and social chat messages.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Tool Slang Word
Install an easy-to-use parental control app on your teens’ phones to detect slang words such as Tool. It lets you monitor your children’s online activities in one convenient place. Not only does the app let you view your kids’ app use and online searches, but it also gives you instant alerts when it detects content related to pornography, drugs, suicide, and other mature content. As a result, you will be able to take immediate steps to protect your children.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Tool Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Tool slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Tool. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Tool slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Tool slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Tool Slang Word
The slang term Tool is acquired by those who are insecure and socially inept. Raising children who are confident and independent of the opinions of others will keep them from falling into the category of “tool.” If you suspect that your children’s peers may see them as a tool, you may want to help them develop their true interests and boost their self-confidence. Here are some ideas for talking with your children about self-confidence:
- I know you want to be friends with Aaron and his team. Why would you like to hang out with them?
- Let our whole family sign up for a martial arts class. Maybe some of your friends might want to participate later.
- What are your favorite activities that you can start participating in after school or on weekends?
- If someone invites you to a social event at the last minute, even if they’ve planned it for a long time, I think you should respect yourself and decline the invitation. Let me know and we’ll plan something you really enjoy doing.