Turnt Up Meaning
Turnt Up means excited or intoxicated.
Turnt Up is an internet slang phrase that conveys that a person is high or wild or euphoric.
How Is Turnt Up Used? Use Cases & Examples
Turnt Up is a slang term that means you’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol and acting like crazy. It entered mainstream pop culture through hip-hop, such as Chris Webby’s song Turnt Up.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term Turnt Up:
- I’m so Turnt Up for this party!
It’s gonna be off the hook!!
- When Young Thug’s new song came on, the crowd became Turnt Up!
- Shanay got supper Turnt Up at thee party last night.
- Let’s go out with Laura And Beth Friday Night and get Turnt Up!
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the Turnt Up Slang Word
When your teenager uses the slang term “Turnt Up,” you should consider it a red flag. Make sure you pay attention to teen slang to protect them from harmful influences such as predators, drugs, and other more. Here are two effective ways to identify the Turnt Up slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the Turnt Up Slang Word
In order to find out if your teens are using the slang word Turnt Up, you can check their phones directly. You need to view their text messages, search history, and social chats on Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype, Line, etc.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the Turnt Up Slang Word
Install a free parental control app on your teens’ phones to spot dangerous slang terms such as Turnt Up. It includes text spying, chat monitoring, and search history tracking. It also helps you detect harmful and inappropriate content by setting up specific slang words as alerts. In this way, you can prevent your children from accessing anything that you have concerns about.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the Turnt Up Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the Turnt Up slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as Turnt Up. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the Turnt Up slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the Turnt Up slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the Turnt Up Slang Word
Parties and other risky behaviors are often glorified on social media, TV, and movies, so it’s important to discuss your family values with your kids, while communicating that it’s okay to have fun with friends. The primary way to help your childern navigate socially is to lead by example. If you hear the slang word Turnt Up, it’s time to talk to your children about staying safe at parties and social events. Here are some conversation starters to talk to your teens about Turnt Up:
- I hope you have fun, but my main concern is your safety. Let’s decide on some communication strategies when attending a party.
- What password can you send if you want me to pick you up?
- What excuses can you offer to say no to drugs/alcohol? Some options might be: I have to babysit in the morning; we practice earlier tomorrow; or I get a drug test at work.
- Do you and your friends make a pact to not split up at parties?